11 February 2020
Our Top 10 for February Half Term 2020
Keep the kids entertained during your stay in Cornwall
From castles to coastal paths, there is plenty of indoor and outdoor activities to be enjoyed this February half-term
1. St Michael's Mount - There isn't much about St Michael's Mount that isn't unique or magical. A castle on the top of a tidal island that can be reached by a causeway that uncovers as the sea ebbs - the stuff of fairytales!
2. South West Coast Path - Sitting on the doorstep of all our cottages, the coastal path is definitely one to be explored. Discover secret smuggling coves, walk to the most south-westerly point of the country, find the village which was once had the world’s largest submarine telegraph station!
3. Tremenheere Sculpture Garden - Keep the kids busy at this sub-tropical garden that is teaming with fascinating plants, sculptures and wildlife - pick up a children's adventure map when you arrive and keep the kids entertained in the outdoors.
4. Porthgwarra Cove Cafe - With our cottages being in or around the cove, the cafe is one of our favourite stops for lunch, cream teas, a slice (or two) of the cake of the day or, the ultimate treat, The Porthgwarra Hot Chocolate!
5. Tate St Ives - Inspired by the current exhibition of works by Naum Gabo, a constructive sculpture and painter, the gallery will be holding a creative workshop that will challenge you to create your own toy.
6. The Eden Project - Creative crafts and arty activities await this half-term at the Eden Project. Add your own touch to the giant collaborative installation, learn about the natural world of colour, get creative at their craft workshops and so much more.
7. Porthcurno Telegraph Museum - If science, technology and history are your thing, this is the museum for you! With multiple galleries and interactive exhibitions, underground World War Two Tunnels and indoor play areas, there is something for everyone!
8. National Maritime Museum Cornwall - Enter the underwater world this half term with Science of the Sea. As well as their 15 galleries, 100-foot Lookout Tower, and Tidal Zone, there will be expert-led science shows with entertaining demonstrations!
9. Trengwainton Garden - As well as taking in the beautiful blooms, keep those new year's fitness resolutions going on their active trail around the garden or start a new hobby and learn some top tips by potting up seeds to take home and grow butterfly and bee-friendly flowers.
10. The Minack Theatre - Although the season hasn't begun for plays, the exhibition centre, garden and theatre itself are fantastic to visit - and the views are incredible!